The spread of COVID-19 has understandably caused a level of fear and anxiety for many people. While we do not take this situation lightly, we understand the importance of operating with wisdom. Remember, 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us, “God has given us a spirit of power, love and a sound mind, and not a spirit of fear.”
We are monitoring the news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) both locally and globally, and we’re paying attention to guidance published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our services will move online as we honor the government recommendations for social distancing. For more information go to: https://ocfc.org/online-services-covid19/
As Christians, we believe that this situation calls for us to do what we can in the natural, using wisdom and following all necessary precautions. Please watch the video below as Pastor Don shares a Biblical response to the coronavirus (COVID-19):
We encourage you to take time to understand proper preventative measures.
Here are some of the basic measures listed on the CDC website:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
Please know that God loves you, we love you and we are praying for you and your family. If you need us, let us know. Join us in continued prayer for those affected around the world.